The Victoria real estate market remains hot as the spring real estate trends continue into summer. The Victoria Real Estate Board released its report on the real estate activity in the Victoria area for June 2015.
- 910 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this June
- 33.8% increase compared to the same month last year which was 680
Victoria Real Estate June 2015 Update
Another big month for real estate in Victoria. Victoria continues to see consistent year over year sales growth. Victoria Real Estate Board President Guy Crozier says. “What’s going on? Positive market conditions such as the low interest rate along with the diverse mix of properties and price points available have likely helped support this increase in interest in local real estate. The activity in the market may also in part be due to pent up demand from the past six or seven years. The market cooled off around 2008, and with the US markets improving and our local economy showing strength, consumer confidence is improving. Those that may have been hesitant to move over the last few years are making a change now.”
According to the MLS Home Price Index benchmark the value for the same home this month has increased by 4.61% to $594,800 from $568,600 at this time last year.
There were 4,003 properties for sale on MLS as the end of June. In June 2014 there were 4,695 which means that though sales have increased inventory is lower.
- 48 single family homes over one million dollars sold this month
- 74 single family homes under $400,000 sold this month
The selection in the condo market and new development markets in the West Shore and Victoria Core helping to meet demand to maintain solid pricing. How is the market in Victoria? Well, the Victoria real estate market remains hot!
- July 2018 Real Estate Market Update - August 8, 2018
- Should You Finish The Basement Before You Sell? - January 10, 2018
- Real Estate Market Stats November 2017 - December 11, 2017
- 6 Ways To Save Money On Energy Costs This Winter - November 15, 2017
- Victoria Real Estate Market Stats October 2017 - November 6, 2017
- Getting Ready For Winter - October 20, 2017
- 2017 Franchise Times Ranks RE/MAX Top Real Estate Brand - October 19, 2017
- Victoria Top City For Canadian Women Again! - October 18, 2017
- Preparing Your Home For Sale – 10 Mistakes - October 3, 2017
- First Time Home Buyers - September 24, 2017