Everyone loves to get a personal note occasionally. And whether it’s a thank you note, a reminder of something, or just a quick “hello” from a friend, it’s also a great way to set you apart from your business competitors. But who should you write a personal note to?
Checking in with previous or current clients or sending a note to express your gratitude for their business lets them know you haven’t forgotten them simply because your business may have concluded. It’s also a great way to stay in touch and remind them you’re still around if they need your services again now or in the future.
Regardless of if you’re a new customer or a long term one, you can make someone’s day by sending a quick thank you for the services they provide.
People you do business with
Building a relationship with people you enjoy working with will often bring referrals for future business from other customers or clients. Let them know you enjoy working with them and hope to work together again in the future. A short personal note to that effect will no doubt make them smile.
Family and friends
A short note expressing what they mean to you will make their day. But when should you write a note? Sometimes it’s not convenient to sit and write notes but following are a couple of ideas for the perfect time to use a personal note.
After a phone call or meeting. You can thank them for taking the time to meet, or confirm a detail that was discussed.
When you get a referral
Acknowledging a referral with a thank you is always appreciated and lets the person know that someone they referred, followed through to speak with you.
Throughout a business transaction
Let the client know you’re working hard for them or assure them of what’s going on in the market. They’ll appreciate knowing you’re keeping them front of mind.
When the deals close
Set yourself up to keep clients coming back by letting them know you’ve enjoyed working with them and look forward to doing so again.
This is important especially in a tough economy. Sending a note to previous clients to let them know you’re still in business may generate leads or referrals and is a great way to re-establish your connection. Growing your business and establishing relationships is an ongoing activity. In this day of technology, a hand-written note will be remembered and appreciated.
- July 2018 Real Estate Market Update - August 8, 2018
- Should You Finish The Basement Before You Sell? - January 10, 2018
- Real Estate Market Stats November 2017 - December 11, 2017
- 6 Ways To Save Money On Energy Costs This Winter - November 15, 2017
- Victoria Real Estate Market Stats October 2017 - November 6, 2017
- Getting Ready For Winter - October 20, 2017
- 2017 Franchise Times Ranks RE/MAX Top Real Estate Brand - October 19, 2017
- Victoria Top City For Canadian Women Again! - October 18, 2017
- Preparing Your Home For Sale – 10 Mistakes - October 3, 2017
- First Time Home Buyers - September 24, 2017