Our community is connected by technology in one way or another. Technology enables us to stay ahead of the curve, assists us in our daily tasks, redefines education, and gives us the tools to build a great city, it enabling us to stay connected and up to date. With technology tips you sift through the overwhelming amount of information on the topic and find the information you looking for.
From digital textbooks on mobile devices, online educational courses, and interactive whiteboards, technology appears to have created a firm root in the modern educational system. Education that we can all benefit from and assists in our daily lives. 4 ways that technology assists us daily:
- Technology connects – social, collaboration
- Accessibility to information – answers at your fingertips
- Increased productivity – work more efficiently and to maximize productivity
- Technology can help to boost your wellbeing – fitness apps and food logging
Technology in Our Community
Victoria’s technology sector is full of high-tech firms that are either founded or headquartered in Victoria and continues to grow. In fact Victoria is home to VIATec, the Victoria Advanced Technology Council. Government, industries, organization, and individuals use technology to design cities, developing infrastructure, collect data, and social network.
- Urban Development: geography, mapping, space, location, and the built environment
- Real Estate: open source data for home evaluations, market trends, and several tools for smooth real estate transactions such as remote contract negociations and acceptance. Agents have access to cutting edge real estate technology.
- Crime Prevention: through the use of data analysis, law enforcement can predict and prevent crimes before they take place
- Food security: increase local food production using controlled environments. Lead-edge urban farming.