Moving to a new house and neighborhood is hard for everyone in the family, but especially for the kids. If your kids are having trouble adjusting to their new home, it’s important to remember that this a big change for them. Below are some useful tips on how to get your kids excited about their new home, making moving all that much easier on the whole family.
Agree on a plan to get your kids excited about their new home
Before there is any moving, involve your kids in the process by making a plan together as a family of what you want in a house. Do you want a large backyard? Will every child get their own room or will they share? These aspects are important to go over as a family so you know what kind of home you are looking for.
- Visit the old neighborhood
Before you move, it’s good to do a farewell tour of all the favorite family spots, like favourite parks or restaurants. This gives your kids a chance to say goodbye, and make room for new memories in their new neighborhood.
- Throw a goodbye party
Everyone loves a good party and kids are no different. Invite neighbors, friends and family over to say goodbye and to get everyone excited for the future.
- Let your kids design their own rooms
Whether it’s the choice of colours or furniture, letting your kids decorate their rooms however they like makes them feel part of the moving process.
- Say goodbye to the old house
Before you move, let the kids say goodbye to their old home to get your kids excited about their new home. Try recalling favourite memories from each room to bring closure to the move.
For more information on finding the best suitable home for your family call 1-800-663-2121 today!
- July 2018 Real Estate Market Update - August 8, 2018
- Should You Finish The Basement Before You Sell? - January 10, 2018
- Real Estate Market Stats November 2017 - December 11, 2017
- 6 Ways To Save Money On Energy Costs This Winter - November 15, 2017
- Victoria Real Estate Market Stats October 2017 - November 6, 2017
- Getting Ready For Winter - October 20, 2017
- 2017 Franchise Times Ranks RE/MAX Top Real Estate Brand - October 19, 2017
- Victoria Top City For Canadian Women Again! - October 18, 2017
- Preparing Your Home For Sale – 10 Mistakes - October 3, 2017
- First Time Home Buyers - September 24, 2017