When it’s time to buy or sell a home, we all want to feel like we’ve picked the best agent in town. Learn about 10 qualities that make a great real estate agent? Check out these 10 tips for selecting a great real estate agent to represent you in the Victoria area.
Qualities That Make A Great Real Estate Agent
- They “get” you and they understand your motivation. If you’re selling they understand your reasons and what you want from the sale of your home. If you’re looking to buy, they care about your budget and your needs. They’ll keep all of this in mind and take care of your best interests.
- They have experience and will happily provide references to other satisfied clients.
- Great agents continually update their education and training and make sure they stay current on real estate matters, trends and regulations.
- They’re excellent communicators and will keep you in the loop on everything from their marketing plans and what’s happening in the market to listing agreements and feedback from showings or open houses. The best agents explain what’s going on with negotiations, offers, and subject removals and keep you up on what’s happening throughout the entire process.
- They will listen to you – what you want and what your expectations are. So they can market your home in the best possible way, they’ll ask questions about your home and listen carefully to your answers.
- Great real estate agents are adaptable and will work with you in a way that suits your needs. Do you want to hear from them every day? Do you prefer to communicate with text or phone calls, email or face to face? Your agent will understand these things and individualize their responses in a way that guarantees your satisfaction.
- They’ll keep their clients motivated. Even during difficult situations, a great agent will keep a positive outlook because it’s critical to their success to make sure their clients feel supported and happy.
- New things don’t scare them. They’re willing to try new things to stay on top of trends and technology. If there’s a new social media platform or device or they need to learn new skills, they’ll do whatever is necessary to educate themselves.
- A great real estate agent understand that your timeframe is important. If you need to buy a home by a certain date, or you have to sell by a specific deadline, they’ll do everything they can to meet your expectations.
- The licensing board does not have any complaints, violations or disciplinary actions against the agent. If you want to verify your agent is the great person you believe they are, you can check the Real Estate Council of BC website at recbc.ca to find out about a specific individual.
At RE/MAX Camosun, and through our RE/MAX University, our agents are always undergoing training and updating their education. This means they know what’s current, what’s new and what’s coming up with issues, technology, real estate rules and the market.